State Youth Director
Find us on facebook: Indiana Bass Federation Youth
New For 2018
In an attempt to reduce the amount of travel required and to hopefully increase the participation in the program, we have initiated Northern and South Divisions for the Indiana Bass Federation Youth Program. Anglers choose which division to compete in. Whichever division a team/angler registers for, that is the only division they will be able to accumulate points from. However, teams/anglers will be able to fish in any of the tournaments either north or south, weigh in their fish, and will be scored as though they were participating, but the points will not count toward the yearly total for their division. It will simply be a “practice” type event. After the four scheduled events for each division, we will schedule a “state championship” tournament. This will include the top teams based on percentage of participants from each division.
IBF Junior Anglers Program
For ages 11-15. If you turn 16 years old before August 31, 2019 you CANNOT advance from this event to the 2019 Junior World Championship.
Our Junior Angler program is open to youth 15 years old and younger (as of Aug 31 of the Junior World Championship they are trying to qualify for).
For 2018 all competitions will now be 2-person TEAM tournaments. This will allow young anglers to team with a buddy and fish from their own boats with their own boat captains!
We are open to all youth so if you don’t have a partner and/or boat captain we can help you find one. The competitive branch of this program allows the anglers to achieve the Indiana Junior State Championship and qualify for the TBF Junior World Championship (JWC).
It is strongly encouraged to establish and partner and a boat/boat captain prior to registration. However, if you are unable to do so, just fill out the registration as a “Non-boater” and we will do all we can to team you up with another single angler as well as help find a captain for each event.
IBF Student Angler Federation (SAF) – High School Program
Open to all 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade high school students. Participation by one 7th or 8th grade student per team is permitted. High school teams are responsible to register at the SAF (student angler federation) If you are not associated with a high school team simply enter “Wabash Valley” where it asks for High school and Mascot. You will be required to pay $25 per angler. It will be helpful to have all of your partner’s information prior to completing the SAF registration.
- NORTH IBF Student Angler Federation – Team Registration Form
- SOUTH IBF Student Angler Federation – Team Registration Form
Youth Scholarship Program
The following points will outline the criteria and procedures for the annual scholarship awards program.
Each year the Indiana Bass Federation will award four (4) $300 scholarships. One scholarship will be awarded annually to one individual from each Zone. To be eligible students must meet the following criteria:
- Be the child, grandchild or ward, 25 years old or younger, of an Indiana Bass Federation member who has been a member of the Federation at least 12 months.
- They must be a high school senior or a college freshman, sophomore or junior who is continuing his or her higher education. Financial need is not a requirement for the scholarship
- Students must complete the application, write an essay discussing what fishing has meant to them or to someone close to them, and submit their high school or college educational transcripts.
- Students may apply more than once but previous winners are not eligible. The application and required items must be received by an IBF officer by the December State meeting, Zone Directors will review and judge applications for their respective zones. Applications will be judged based on GPA, essay, and other criteria as determined pertinent by the Directors. While any field of study is eligible additional consideration will be given to those studies which would be beneficial to fish management or environmental improvements.