The following points will outline the criteria and procedures for the annual scholarship awards program.
Each year the Indiana Bass Federations will award four (4) $300 scholarships. One scholarship will be awarded annually to one individual from each Zone. To be eligible students must meet the following criteria:
- Be the child, grandchild or ward, 25 years old or younger, of an Indiana Bass Federation member who has been a member of the Federation at least 12 months; or any member of the Indiana Bass Federation that is 25 years old or younger that has been a member of the Federation over 12 months.
- They must be a high school senior or a college freshman, sophomore or junior who is continuing his or her higher education. Financial need is not a requirement for the scholarship
- Students must complete the application, write an essay discussing what fishing has meant to them or to someone close to them, and submit their high school or college educational transcripts.
- Students may apply more than once but previous winners are not eligible. The application and required items must be received by an IBF officer by the December State meeting, Zone Directors will review and judge applications for their respective zones. Applications will be judged based on GPA, essay, and other criteria as determined pertinent by the Directors. While any field of study is eligible additional consideration will be given to those studies which would be beneficial to fish management or environmental improvements.
- Scholarship Application for family member of IBF Club Member.
- Scholarship Application for IBF Youth Trail Member.